Give those tall boots a rest; mid calf boots are taking over this season. From the name you can tell that these types of boots run a little shorter than knee-high boots but are taller than ankle boots. Unlike the contour-hugging tall boots, these are also usually made wider at the top to provide the space needed in order to tuck in leggings, jeans, or tights.
Where to Wear Them
Mid-calf womens boots come in a number of colors, materials, and styles. These are your new basic all-purpose boots, perfect for occasions such as:
- Parties: You may also find dressier mid-calf boots that could be in any heel length, but usually have some extra detail such as studs. These types can really add glam to your outfit.
- Work: Wear trousers over these boots or tuck leggings — should these be part of your work wear — into boots to look sophisticated. Choose fancy mid-calf boots that have little styling for work wear and save more casual styles for hanging out at home.
- Formal gathering: Have a show to attend or an event to host? These boots offer both comfort and fashion, a winning combo you’re sure to love.
- Date night: Heeled mid-calf boots can dress up jeans and an elegant tank or a flared or fitted dress for date night comfort that flatters your shape.
- Girls’ night: For a casual hangout with the girls, look for casual suede or leather mid-calf boots with a flat heel. Try solid colored boots that show off a very simple detail such as a buckle, or sheepskin or fur trim on the top. Because they are simple yet trend, these are suitable for a casual day out to college or even to the mall.
Hot New Colors
The trendiest colors you should look out for when buying your next pair of mid-calf boots are taupe, grey and chocolate and caramel tones of brown. If you’re a daring dresser, you may want to give the leopard print boot a shot.
Since these boots go with everything, why not collect several pairs of mid-calf boots to accent formal and casual looks? Invest in a range of styles to have the most options when it comes to wearing these boots. Trendy styles include:
- Lace-ups: Think classic 1990’s Docs here. These look casual so try them for an active date.
- Zip-ups: Slip these on and off easily. These can look professional if the exterior is pretty plain; you’ll also find pairs best suited for casual wear.
- Strap-wrapped: Strap-wrapped and studded boots are casual and flirty. Pair with a dress or with leggings and a tunic.
- Flats: These are perfect for a super casual weekend look when you’re getting brunch with your date or shopping with friends. Think flat boots, leggings and a loose top.
- High heeled: Fun, flirty pairs of high-heeled boots are great for the club, while plain-Jane pairs make for classy yet stylish work shoes. Wear a dress, skirt or skinny jeans.
- Wedged: Try these with a medium length dress or full skirt. The boot’s shape may make your legs look longer.
Experiment with different styles to see what shoe shapes flatter your personal style the best. Collect a range of mid-calf boots since they’re sure to be on trend for some time.