I love sunglasses for three very good, easy reasons:
1. They can snazz up an outfit or look in an instant -Without glasses- ordinary Olive/ with the new Oliver Peoples – Jackie O!
2. They are the cheapest form of wearing a designer label – $250 for the latest Prada shades, $800 for the latest Prada bag
3. They serve a practical purpose – Protecting your peepers from the sun while holidaying in Martinique or from the undesirables while on a sidewalk cafe in Paris.
On Vogue‘s website, I found a great article on the latest sunglasses trends, and the retro styles were decidedly my favorite for the season. Here are my picks!
1. Ray-Ban Clubmasters – I love the candy summery colors of this Retro style, like the red ones pictured above. They’re much cooler than the Risky-business-Wayfarers I think, and can instantly make you feel and look like a Hollywood ingenue. From $120 at Ray-Ban.
2. Lacoste Limited Edition Capsule Eyewear – Stretchy Lacoste shirts are a useful weekend staple for any girl’s closet, and their limited edition sunglasses made for their 75th Birthday are a great accompaniment. I especially like the clean, understated look of these pristine white ones. The men’s versions are even more retro, with a CHiPs feel. Sooo worth pulling over for!
3. Lulu Guinness Ingrid Sunglasses – I love, love Lulu’s ladylike styles which make me want to don a shift dress and have tea and mini sandwiches with my French poodle. These Ingrid sunglasses have the most adorable polka dots which are perfect for the summer. Around $150